One of my staff liked sharing her favourite quote – “talk is cheap, action is expensive”. It usually brought a smile to our faces because we have found a wide gap between the talkers and those who follow through with action.
I am a talker myself, yet I have learnt the path of following through and it has made all the difference in my life. Just yesterday we executed a 7 day series shoot in exactly 48 hours. This included the planning and execution.
Did you achieve some of your goals this year? Are you tired of breaking promises, not able to manage family affairs or even career/business deadlines? This article is specially crafted for you.
Here are a few tips on following through:
- Write down the idea/goal/project you want to achieve in detail.
- Pray it through; this is my personal secret.
- Set a deadline for it. This is so crucial. No project actually gets executed unless it has a deadline or at least a timeline for it’s execution.
- Surround yourself with professionals in that field. These professionals must not be the most popular. Just build a relationship and let them understand what the relationship means for both of you; no need to reinvent the wheel during a short deadline.
- Be the person that follows through for others. The ability to be committed to others’ ideas and projects usually attracts that level of commitment to you too.
- Manage excesses: Do not loose sight of the goal. We sometimes dwell on the unimportant stuffs, thereby creating a hostile environment where creativity can be stalled. This in turn affects the level of productivity needed to achieve the intended goal.
- Adapt or build systems and processes that can be replicated.
- Create a channel for feedback from staffs and clients.
- Sieve and implement the feedbacks you believe are good for your goal/project.
It is time we become not only talkers but doers too.
… James 2:25-26.
Click to watch Ngee and Rich interview – From the brink of divorce.
Before you make a decision about your marriage, please buy this book – https://www.keepingmarriagealive.com/shop/
(Mrs Ngozi Okonkwo)
Relationship Coach/Habit Instructor
Convener – Woman and Marriage
Founder Keeping Marriage Alive Initiative.